Custom Search

Thursday, May 28, 2009

I *heart* Google Alerts

OK... I LOVE Google. I love gmail, blogger, google sites, adsense (although I have YET to make any real money), and I really love google alerts. For those of you who haven't heard of google alerts it is an application of sorts that you can use to get automatically updated when things that interest you are posted to the web.

After you sign into your google account, click on alerts and type in a word/phrase/topic of interest to you. Then you get to specify how often you receive alerts. I have a few alerts that I get "as they happen" and a few that I get "daily" depending on how interested I am in the minute to minute status of the topic.

One thing I particularly like about google alerts is the passion it has a tendency to evoke in me when I read something that is particularly interesting to me. For example, I just read a blog about an article by the EPIC foundation about reusable bags being unsafe for the public. You can read the article here if you like.

So what is my issue here? My issue is that too many people are up into too many other people businesses. If this foundation is so disgusted about reusable bags I have two suggestions for them... 1. Don't use them, but leave those of us alone that do and 2) Read HERE about the disgusting things that are likely growing on their own cell phones, door knobs and in their purses/wallets at any given point in time.

1 comment:

Debi said...

That is such a great point. If they had any idea what grows on things they touch everyday, I don't they would be worring about sandwhich bags. And why do they care what I do anyway.